Wellspring Philanthropic Fund (WPF) is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Their work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being.
WPF’s priority is to promote the realization of human rights and access to economic and social justice – including racial, gender, and economic. WPF is focused on expanding the voices, dignity, and interests of the most vulnerable communities, including women, children, people living in poverty, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQI people, and those affected by armed conflict and mass atrocities.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund’s Donor Philanthropic Initiatives & Executive Giving Department seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and strategic Program Officer to help evolve and implement new strategic efforts to build a diverse and representative nonpartisan electorate that is inclusive of Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), naturalized citizens, and young people in Florida and Texas; as well as efforts to promote the protection of the rights of immigrants and their children in the U.S. and the southern border to ensure they are treated with dignity and fairness.
The Program Officer must be a proven leader in both fields and bring a strong intersectional analysis to the work with a clear track record working on racial justice issues and connections to the communities impacted by these issues. The Program Officer must also possess the seamless ability to straddle between these two areas. This position calls for a depth of knowledge in state-level, nonpartisan civic engagement and power building in Florida and Texas, as well as in immigrant justice in the U.S. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10- 15 years of experience leading social justice strategies and proven subject-matter expertise related to local and state-level civic engagement in Florida and Texas (or the Southern region) and immigration justice in the U.S., including significant experience with demonstrable impact in BIPOC communities and/or other historically disenfranchised communities, and strong connections to these communities.
- 5+ years of experience working in philanthropy; including developing philanthropy strategies and executing a philanthropy portfolio for individual philanthropists highly preferred.
- A strong sense of how to apply racial justice analyses to strategy is required.
- Strong orientation for, and commitment to donor service; ability to assess and meet the donors’ goals and preferences. A passion to serve in a way that demonstrates respect and comradery.
- Excellent analytic abilities, research, writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle –and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Experience in a nonprofit grantmaking environment.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time is required (Note that Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is prioritizing the safety of its team during the COVID-19 pandemic and has suspended travel for the time being).
- Familiarity with narrative change for social justice a plus.
- Written and verbal fluency in English (required).
- Foreign language skills, including Spanish, a plus.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Wellspring Philanthropic Fund.