The Chief Brand Officer (CBO) for the White House Historical Association (the Association) is a member of the strategic leadership team, reporting to the President of the Association. The CBO will oversee the complete portfolio of the Association’s marketing and communications activities, including brand strategy, communications, e-commerce, marketing, public relations, social media, and thought & visible leadership.
In its 60th year, the Association is successfully engaging and educating people across the country and around the world with its significant and rich content. This new role will maximize exposure to the Association’s products, programs, and mission through sophisticated, multi-channel strategies; increase the Association’s revenue by exploring and negotiating new distribution partnerships and e-commerce opportunities; and position the Association to engage a broader, more diverse, and younger demographic.
The CBO will build and oversee a first-class team, including director-level or higher positions executing Communications, Digital Outreach, E-Commerce, Marketing, and Special Initiatives, along with support staff, consultants, and vendors. The CBO will collaborate regularly with other Association senior leaders on strategic issues and institutional branding. The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic leader with at least 15 years of in the field, including experience implementing and overseeing large-scale successful branding, marketing, and communications operations. Additional qualifications include:
- At least eight years of senior management experience overseeing marketing and communications professionals is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience developing brand strategy—including brand positioning, style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, and value proposition—to ensure a quality brand experience across communication channels and content creation; able to establish a clear approach to goal setting and measurement of success.
- Experience contracting and managing contractor and agency relationships, ensuring effective ROI.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output, especially related to new media and technologies.
- Ability to build thought leadership practice including content creation and social media strategies for the Association President and other Association key leaders.
- Ability to establish standards for high-quality branded content production to ensure stakeholders have clear, timely, and inspiring brand guidance that enables them to generate fresh, high-quality, on-brand content.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the White House Historical Association.