WaterAid started in 1981 because no non-profit like it existed. WaterAid is determined to make clean water, reliable toilets, and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since March 2020, the organization has scaled up their work in 30+ countries to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic. This rapid-response work, building on strong track record in providing critical water infrastructure, is how people can change their lives for good. WaterAid tackles the issue from all angles. We work with local partners to deliver clean water and decent toilets, and promote good hygiene, and campaign to change normal for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid is seeking a Senior Manager, Annual Giving delivers critical fundraising results by leading WaterAid America’s efforts to grow transformational relationships with and support from individual donors through high-impact and positive donor engagement. The role works in close coordination across the Philanthropy and Partnerships, Communications & Engagement, and Data & Operations teams to retain, steward, and upgrade WaterAid’s growing annual giving program. This role is responsible for growing WaterAid America’s base of committed individual donors by retaining and upgrading existing supporters, growing sustainers, delivering positive and consistent donor engagement, and overseeing day-to-day development operations, systems, and processes that support this work. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum of 8+ years’ progressively responsible fundraising experience in Annual Giving, specifically.
- Demonstrated experience, capacity, and enthusiasm to annually raise $1M without a natural or local constituency (i.e., WaterAid does not have a membership, alumni, or volunteer base to draw on).
- Experience growing monthly giving programs (stewardship, retention, and acquisition).
- Strong track record writing/creating effective fundraising materials, for both offline and online audiences.
- Demonstrated success meeting annual fundraising targets and leading the execution of high-impact online campaigns and appeals.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement efficient and sustainable fundraising strategies; ability to set short- and long-term objectives that support organizational goals.
- Strong project management; excellent attention to detail; ability to prioritize, manage, and execute numerous projects simultaneously; think proactively and work independently.
- Strong analytical skills and a proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) with an appetite to continually learn and grow.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, or similar CRM.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for WaterAid.