WaterAid started in 1981 because no non-profit like it existed. WaterAid is determined to make clean water, reliable toilets, and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since March 2020, the organization has scaled up their work in 30+ countries to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic. This rapid-response work, building on strong track record in providing critical water infrastructure, is how people can change their lives for good. WaterAid tackles the issue from all angles. We work with local partners to deliver clean water and decent toilets, and promote good hygiene, and campaign to change normal for everyone, everywhere.
To fuel WaterAid’s global mission and programs, the Philanthropy & Partnerships Team drives WaterAid America’s efforts to increase WaterAid America’s impact through innovative, high-value partnerships with a diverse set of private, large family, and corporate foundations, government, and multi-lateral donors. WaterAid is seeking a Director of Business Development to serve as a key leader on the Philanthropy & Partnerships Team. The candidate will raise a combination of annual and multi-year unrestricted and restricted income from major and multi-national corporations and private foundations, by cultivating, securing six- and seven-figure gifts (minimum value of $250k+), and maximizing relationships that add value to WaterAid’s mission and strategy. Qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated track record (at least 10+ years) of generating new unrestricted and restricted business partnerships (6-figures or more) in institutional/non-profit fundraising and/or the private .
- Strong customer-orientation and attention to detail; solid understanding of the corporate and private foundation sustainability agenda; proven track record of building and managing meaningful relationships with senior and executive level representatives of private sector companies; experienced negotiator.
- Proven ability to translate strategy to annual and operational goals; being bold in setting short- and long-term objectives that achieve organizational goals and persisting to get results (and modeling and coaching that for others).
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as a CRM (Raisers Edge); comfortable with understanding and analyzing budget and project reporting information.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, flexibility to work across time zones (with varied work hours), and maturity to achieve and maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Experience building and executing national cause-marketing campaigns. Understands the relationship between corporate social impact and the consumer.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for WaterAid.