Ceres is a sustainability non-profit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and inequitable workplaces. Ceres is transforming the economy to build a sustainable future for people and the planet.
In response to the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989, Ceres was founded by a group of forward-looking investors and environmentalists who had a vision for a better way of doing business. Led by Joan Bavaria, they began to re-evaluate the role and responsibility of companies as stewards of the environment and agents of economic and social change.
Ceres is seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial professional to lead as Vice President, Programs, an important role within the organization that ensures the success of Ceres’ Climate and Energy, Water, and Food and Forests programs. This individual will recognize the urgency with which people need to act to ensure a safe future for our planet and will have knowledge and understanding of the environmental space, systemic racism, and how to work with diverse constituents to solve critical environmental problems. The successful candidate will have the ability to evaluate existing programs to measure effectiveness while working proactively and collaboratively with program staff to design and implement new programs that meaningfully advance Ceres’ mission and values. The ideal candidate will possess the following background and experience:
- 15 years of relevant work experience in roles of progressive responsibility.
- Experience as a senior leader and manager in a fast-paced, non-profit organization. Experience with environmental or sustainability issues required.
- Demonstrated record of supervising senior staff to achieve organizational programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Proven track record of results-driven strategic program management is required.
- Demonstrated success on both sides of resource development—cultivating and closing revenue prospects and managing and deploying staff and budgets.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing diverse teams, including gender identity, people of color, and people from various socio-economic backgrounds, and supporting an inclusive workplace where everyone has an opportunity for advancement.
- Ability to both build strong, stable programs and to innovate to take advantage of strategic opportunities.
- Bachelor degree required. Graduate degree in relevant area preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Ceres. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].