As a Navy embassy, the US Navy Memorial Foundation (the Navy Memorial) tells the stories of the men and women of the sea services, represented by the iconic Lone Sailor, through thought-provoking programs, unforgettable events, and immersive exhibit experiences that are unique and easily accessible in our nation’s capital and beyond.
With a $5M+ annual budget, the Navy Memorial completes their mission with a Visitor Center, 230-person Arleigh Burke Theater, Navy Log, Ship’s Store, and office spaces located adjacent to the United States Navy Memorial Plaza. Over the past year, the Navy Memorial was forced to pivot its strategic plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and has made a lot of headway into providing digital services and online education efforts available to all those who seek them; despite facing challenges, 2020 turned out to be one of the most successful years in the organization’s history.
The US Navy Memorial Foundation seeks a Vice President of Programs and Engagement to provide leadership and vision to all organizational events, exhibits, and programs. An ambitious professional eager to partner with a passionate leadership team, the ideal candidate will have experience managing complex budgets and setting realistic programmatic revenue goals, while enthusiastically managing programs, projects, and events to successfully meet the needs of the organization as well as key constituents and supporters. Specific qualifications include:
- 7-10 years of senior level experience in non-profit program management.
- Experience leading in-person and online/virtual programs, marketing, and integrating programs and marketing in a not-for-profit environment.
- Strong management skills with an ability to build, motivate, and lead a Navy Memorial team in a high performing and collegial environment and employee-owned culture.
- Strong understanding of database management, CRM, online collaborative platforms, and technology tools.
- Financial acumen in non-profit finance, with the ability to plan complex budgets and forecast future revenue and expenses.
- A conversational knowledge of the Naval service.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the US Navy Memorial Foundation. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].