The Vice President of Prevention will be leading one of the key programmatic pillars for the Alliance. (Washington, D.C.)
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. The Alliance helps patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connects them with those who can share experiences and knowledge and identifies resources to meet their needs. They partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. The Alliance’s efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because they believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The ideal Vice President of Prevention will be passionate about colorectal cancer screening and prevention efforts and work tirelessly to increase screening rates to save lives. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial in their approach to identifying innovative ways to tackle this important cause. The Vice President of Prevention will be a public face of the organization and is expected to conduct frequent meetings with key stakeholders ensuring effective communication that facilitates programmatic success. The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least ten years of progressive experience in strategic health program development and execution.
- Thorough understanding of cancer research, prevention, and treatment.
- Keen understanding of the importance of measurement in achieving programmatic objectives and the ability to evaluate, measure, and report on key performance indicators to assist in program strategy and execution.
- Track record of successful program oversight and the ability to articulate how the candidate’s efforts led to desired programmatic outcomes.
- Record of successfully collaborating with staff and Board members to facilitate effective fundraising campaigns.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of teamwork to gather the interest of a wide range of stakeholders to increase support for Alliance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].