For more than 200 years, the White House has been more than just the home of the Presidents and their families. Throughout the world, it is recognized as the symbol of the United States and of executive power in the country. The White House Historical Association (WHHA) is charged with enhancing the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the White House as a residence, a piece of history, and an international symbol.
The WHHA’s acquisition, preservation, research, and education efforts continue through generous private donations and the sale of books, products, and the official White House Ornament. The WHHA produces educational literature and films, develops special programs, and maintains a website interpreting the White House, its history, and the persons and events associated with it. The WHHA supports the acquisition of artwork and objects for the White House collection and contributes to the conservation of public rooms.
The White House Historical Association is soliciting applications for the full-time position of Vice President of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the President of the Association, the Vice President manages a staff team consisting of the Director of Marketing, Director of Communications, Director of Digital Outreach, and a Digital Content and Communications Manager. The Vice President will also work with technical consultants and collaborate with other WHHA departments on a regular basis. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of progressive experience implementing and overseeing large-scale successful marketing and communications operations with a retail (both online and traditional) focus.
- Successful experience in the marketing program of a multi-functional organization, including the full online retail lifecycle from attracting customers through effective digital marketing, to implementing effective e-commerce strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop online marketing initiatives that are consistent with an established organizational brand.
- Track record of building innovative partnerships to define and promote a brand.
- Creative approach to promotional strategy, with the ability to define target audiences and to adjust messaging and delivery to attract and engage them.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the WHHA. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].