The Vice President of Institutional Advancement is a member of the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities’ (LEH) leadership team, responsible for all fundraising, development, and advancement activities, including advancement communications. The VP of Institutional Advancement will be an energetic and dynamic professional to lead and inspire staff, partners, board members, and constituents. The Vice President will identify, expand and build relationships and partnerships with potential donor constituencies (foundations, individuals, corporations) and utilize the network of key stakeholders including the Board of Directors. The Vice President will be responsible for developing a comprehensive plan to establish, implement and sustain infrastructure needed to grow development results. The Vice President, Institutional Advancement will maintain his/her own portfolio of major donor and potential donor relationships. The Vice President will aptly intertwine LEH’s multiple programs with fundraising initiatives. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university is required.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated senior-level fundraising experience is required.
- Experience in all fundraising techniques, including foundation and major donor solicitation, corporate grant-seeking, grant writing, Board relations, government grant development, special events, annual funding, and online campaigns.
- Proven ability to build upon a branding strategy that supports all fundraising and program efforts.
- Familiarity with estate, financial planning, and planned giving.
- Prior nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Ability to build, guide and lead all areas of Institutional Advancement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Superior analytic skills to formulate information into a sound, well-organized plan.
- A proven track record in grants management, especially federal grants.
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the LEH.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities.