Children International is a leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. From the time they are toddlers to young adults, children living in poverty need long-term support. Children International surrounds kids with a caring team, a safe place and a clear path out of poverty through programs focused on health, education, empowerment through life skills and employment. In 2020, the organization directly supported 200,000 children in 10 countries. Children International’s supporters are inspired to invest as they see children radically change their lives and create a ripple effect that impacts their families and communities for generations to come.
85% of total expenses in 2020 supported programs that helped children, youth, and families during an extraordinarily challenging year. CI is proud of the high standards they met in achieving that number.
Children International seeks a Vice President of Global Finance to join a team of mission-driven employees and volunteers in an organization known for evolving and transforming to meet the needs of the children and families they serve. As CI adapts to provide a wider range of more impactful programs, they are also diversifying their fundraising from a primarily one-to-one sponsorship model to an approach designed to generate additional funding. As the new global financial leader, the Vice President will help hone financial practices around the world and in doing so, support the teams in delivering greater impact. Key qualifications include:
- 10 years of senior management experience in a senior finance role working with a budget of $100 million at a minimum, experience in a global operation a plus.
- Experience with INGO financially related processes such as gifting methods and recognition, foreign exchange and transfer methodologies, Asia/Latin Am financial compliance, global internal audit, real estate and other global risk management, endowment management and grant management.
- Experience streamlining and refining financial processes in global operations. Ability to create tools and processes to increase efficiencies, improve data integrity and strengthen auditable work practices worldwide.
- Strong knowledge of business processes in strategic planning, financial modeling, budgeting, financial reporting, cost benefit analysis, financial portfolio management, currency exchange, global funds transfers, cost accounting and risk management. Ability to tie metrics and data to leading and lagging indicators of overall financial health of the organization and develop strategies to improve.
- Passion for children and youth and making a difference in the world.
- MBA or CPA required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Children International. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].