Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging the nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. Bread for the World Institute is a separately-incorporated organization that provides non-partisan policy analysis on hunger and strategies to end it. By changing policies, programs, and conditions that allow hunger and poverty to persist, Bread provides help and opportunities around the world.
Bread equips people to write personal letters and emails, meet with their members of Congress, and work with others to end hunger. Working through churches, campuses, and other organizations, Bread engages people in organized advocacy.
Bread works in a bipartisan way. Thousands of individual members, churches, and denominations are active in most Congressional districts. They speak truth to power with a moral and Christian voice. Our goal is to build the political will to end hunger and poverty.
The next Vice President of Development will be a dynamic leader with experience in all aspects of fundraising. This person will have a passion for ending hunger both in the US and abroad and will be experienced in engaging all audiences in fundraising efforts. This collaborative leader will be excited about creating new programs and executing innovative fundraising strategies in pursuit of clear advocacy goals. Key characteristics include:
- At least 10 years of experience in managing broad fundraising programs and staff, with a record of successfully designing and implementing new fundraising programs, including experience with planned giving programs.
- Ability to create strong interpersonal connections with individuals, building upon relationships with the goal of fully engaging donors.
- Experience representing an organization at public functions and events; comfort level in public speaking and engagements with hundreds of attendees.
- Interest in and ability to engage donors of all backgrounds and points of view, with the goal of expanding Bread’s membership regardless of an individual’s or group’s faith background.
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies for those of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to Christian values and how different religious communities interact both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional related courses or professional training preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Bread for the World. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].