The York County History Center inspires the exploration of the history, people, and culture of the county, state, and nation. As a non-profit organization it utilizes collections, historic sites, and museums to help tell the American story. The History Center’s collection encompasses more than 90,000 three dimensional artifacts and 400,000 books, ephemera, video, and photographs highlighting nearly 300 years of York’s impressive history. These artifacts give substance to the culture and contributions of the York County community.
The History Center tells the remarkable stories of York County’s different ethnic and socio-economic groups, businesses, inventions, and historic events. Experiences within its three museums, five historic buildings, and a nationally renowned Library & Archives make the York County History Center a beloved cultural institution for the community and an important resource for all.
The York County History Center seeks an externally focused and result-oriented leader to serve as its next Vice President of Advancement. The VP will foster conversations that build financial support to advance the organization’s strategic priorities, balancing the creativity to envision the future History Center with the attention to detail necessary to oversee all aspects of the fundraising program. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 8 years of experience, with demonstrated success in different areas of institutional advancement, and a track record in closing major gifts in a non-profit setting.
- A keen understanding of best practices in fundraising, experience using metrics to drive performance.
- Demonstrated success in increasing year-over-year fundraising, especially converting capital donors to annual donors. Experience with capital or endowment campaigns preferred.
- Knowledge of the mechanisms of major gift and planned gift fundraising; experience developing a planned giving society preferred.
- Ability to manage, inspire, and lead a professional staff.
- Demonstrated achievement in organizing and motivating Board members, staff, and key volunteers to participate in fundraising activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for the distinctive value of museums and cultural institutions; museum or cultural institution work experience a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field is required; advanced degree is preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the York County History Center. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].