M+R is 130+ organizers, communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We’re looking for a Senior Vice President to lead our issue advocacy campaigning and mobilization efforts company-wide.
They have served nonprofits exclusively for 30 years, leading campaigns on some of the most pressing issues of our time — the Fight for $15 and a Union, marriage equality, family separation, Save Darfur, refugee protection, the Clean Air Act, Keystone XL, dignity for care workers, SNAP, the Global Gag Rule, criminal justice reform, COVID economic relief, voter suppression, defending democracy against the Big Lie, and beating Donald Trump.
M+R is seeking a Senior Vice President, Campaign Strategy, to collaborate closely with senior leaders across M+R who work in Digital Organizing, Media Relations, Social Media, and Advertising. When necessary, lead oversight of integrated work across M+R’s practice areas and disciplines. Qualifications include:
- 15+ years relevant experience, including 5+ years in campaign leadership roles.
- Demonstrated strategic vision, and tactical discipline, to execute effective pressure campaigns that integrate multiple tactics.
- Experience working on or leading racial justice, criminal justice, and/or economic justice issue campaigns.
- Experience with electoral turnout and/or persuasion campaigns, whether part of candidate campaigns or outside expenditures by nonprofits/PACs.
- Demonstrated facility with anti-racist approaches to campaign strategy, including a deep understanding of how equity issues impact campaigning.
- Demonstrated facility with anti-racist approaches to workplace culture, including ability to foster inclusive and equitable teams and facilitate inclusive decision-making.
- Ability to communicate persuasively in a way that articulates your ideas and conveys your expertise (whether on the phone, in-person, or in writing).
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights and drive decision making.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for M+R Strategic Services.