Strategic communications succeeds when it inspires change. West End Strategy Team (WEST) partners with its clients to raise national public awareness, influence policy at all levels, and drive social change. After identifying each client’s audiences, WEST hones both message and strategy to secure targeted traditional and online media placements. WEST then leverages the success of their work to boost their client’s advocacy, fundraising, and membership. WEST turns passion into outcomes.
West End Strategy Team is seeking a mid-career professional with at least eight years of communications experience at an agency, non-profit, government, media organization, or equivalent experience. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of the modern media landscape and an interest in using that experience to support issues including racial justice, immigration, women’s rights, LGBTQ equality, progressive foreign policy, and interfaith cooperation, among others. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of eight years of experience in communications, including experience at an agency, a non-profit, in government, as a journalist, on a political campaign, or equivalent experience.
- Established contacts with a network of national media professionals and a working knowledge of the national media landscape.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail; ability to complete projects accurately within a given timeframe.
- Experience developing strategic earned media, social media, and communications outreach plans and campaigns that have a direct impact on an organization’s mission; experience applying this knowledge in a social justice space preferred.
- A track record for learning and mastering new concepts and developing a deep understanding of global issues.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for West End Strategy Team. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].