Leading cancer organization seeks fundraiser to build corporate and foundation philanthropic support (Washington, D.C.)
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. The Alliance helps patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connects them with those who can share experiences and knowledge and identifies resources to meet their needs. They partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. The Alliance’s efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because they believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The ideal Sr. Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving will be results-oriented and tirelessly committed to the mission of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. The Alliance is particularly interested in broadening its support and sees a unique opportunity in the corporate space with non-industry partners. The successful candidate will have an appreciation of the “open ocean” that exists for new relationships and cross promotional opportunities. Foundations will also play a key role and candidates’ understanding of this industry, particularly the relationship component, will be critically important. The ideal candidate will combine the following skills:
- Previous fundraising experience and a proven track record of corporate and foundation donor cultivation and acquisition.
- Track record of successfully building a corporate and foundation donor pipeline and fostering engagement.
- Experience developing strategies to diversify a donor base and increase annual revenue. Ability to secure gifts from both industry and non-industry corporate entities.
- Ability to creatively identify shared interests and shape partnerships in a way that benefit both the interests of corporate and foundation investors and the organization.
- Proven ability to fundraise for programmatic work, with a record of receiving 5- and 6-figure foundation gifts.
- Record of successfully engaging leadership and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Ability to manage and develop members of a small staff team.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].