Wellspring Philanthropic Fund (WPF) is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Their work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being.
WPF’s priority is to promote the realization of human rights and access to economic and social justice – including racial, gender, and economic. WPF is focused on expanding the voices, dignity, and interests of the most vulnerable communities, including women, children, people living in poverty, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQI people, and those affected by armed conflict and mass atrocities.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is seeking a Program Director to develop and lead its new Economic Justice Program, its first new program in over five years. The Program Director will develop and manage a US-focused grantmaking portfolio to support the development, assessment, and advancement of federal and state policy initiatives to reduce economic inequality and to address systemic drivers of inequality. The Program Director will chair an internal Working Group on Economic Justice, to facilitate cross-program coordination and learning on matters relating to the advancement of economic equity.
Specific qualifications include:
- 15+ years of experience (at least 5 of those in a leadership position) with an NGO or foundation.
- Understanding and valuing social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle
- Superior analytic skills and the ability to identify and extract critical information for communication externally with advocates, funders, and other stakeholders, as well as within Wellspring and with donors-clients.
- Ability to work well with the Learning and Evaluation staff to develop a program to evaluate the capacity and performance of grantees and the overall program.
- Ability to handle confidential donor information with complete discretion.
- An advanced degree (or relevant experience) in economics and/or public policy is desirable.
How to apply:
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Wellspring Philanthropic Fund. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. For employment consideration, please submit application to [email protected]ing.com. All applications must include the following attachments (all in PDF format):
- a resumé
- a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range)
- one writing sample relevant to the role (no less than 3 and no more than 5 pages)