Dynamic leader sought to lead local food distribution organization to next level of success (Fredericksburg, VA)
The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank (FRFB) helps to provide nutritious food to over 31,000 people through their network of 152 community partners. In 2019, the Food Bank collected and distributed over 4.2 million pounds of food and other grocery products; the equivalent of over 3.3 million meals provided to those in need. Recently, FRFB has worked successfully to grow their network of community leaders in order to serve as many people as possible, while also growing school pantries to assist families. These efforts all combine to emphasize the organization’s three pillars of food assistance: Families, Children, and Seniors.
The ideal President & CEO will be a confident leader with a sophisticated ability to mobilize people on behalf of a public service mission. The President will have a record of engaging diverse communities of stakeholders, including Board members, staff, donors, partners, local businesses, and affiliates. S/he will combine excellent leadership skills with a practiced eye for operational efficiency and effectiveness that supports an effective team. The President’s specific qualifications include:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role within a non-profit, for-profit, or government organization.
- Experience being involved in a food bank or other organization dedicated to philanthropic food distribution is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and best practices of management, including familiarity with Board governance and ability to build productive working relationships with Board members.
- Record of pursuing creative revenue-generating initiatives and/or investments and of personally securing support and donations.
- Significant experience serving as a public representative of an organization to a wide range of stakeholders, including donors, community groups and organizations, and news media.
- Excellent communication skills in all registers, from formal writing to public speaking; communication skills in Spanish as well as English are useful.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree or evidence of continued professional development is preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].