President and CEO to lead a globally-ranked financial services firm for military service members (Washington, DC)
The Navy Mutual Aid Association seeks a President and CEO to lead a federally recognized Veterans Service Organization with an A+ rating, $3B in assets, and a 98%+ membership retention rate.
Navy Mutual provides affordable life insurance and annuities to active duty, reserve/guard, and retired service members in any branch of the United States military or uniformed services. It safeguards the financial security of the nation’s bravest as they safeguard the security of the country and its people.
With the heart of a nonprofit organization and the business savvy of a for-profit enterprise, Navy Mutual has successfully adapted to continually changing financial environments for more than 140 years to offer members support that is like family.
Today Navy Mutual seeks a President and CEO to lead the enterprise in sustaining its values-driven services far into the future. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President and CEO will provide comprehensive leadership for the continued success of the association by crafting, articulating, and driving Navy Mutual’s strategy and vision, overseeing the effective operationalization of its strategic plan, and serving as the organization’s primary liaison to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leader who can take the helm of an organization with multi-faceted operations and staff. At a minimum, the candidate will have:
- 15 years of leadership and/or business experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Distinguished sea-service record (Navy, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, NOAA, and/or USPHS).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and execute a vision for an organization’s long-term future.
- Experience leading a large, diverse staff and fostering a collaborative, results-oriented culture.
- Thoughtful servant leadership style dedicated to member and beneficiary services.
- Financial acumen and ability to learn complex financial, actuarial, and investment concepts.
- Ability to serve as an articulate and inspiring spokesperson.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.