Operations and Strategy Manager for a pivotal fund taking on daunting challenges and
making real progress on reproductive and gender equity (Remote)
A Pivotal Movement for Women Everywhere
Women are activating their collective power: from the Women’s Marches and #MeToo to the record number of women running for and holding office. Developments in technology mean healthcare can be centered around women in new ways.
At the same time, we are facing tremendous challenges. Extreme, restrictive policies at the national
and state levels are making it alarmingly difficult for women to access the health care they want, need, and deserve. Over the next few years, further restrictions on abortion and healthcare access and potential cuts to the Affordable Care Act are expected. These cuts are a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade and would limit contraceptive access for millions of women.
Founded in 2018, RHWRC is a funder collaborative that recognizes that we are at a critical moment in the United States. The current landscape demands new funding to support urgent and significant advances for reproductive and gender equity: to become a nation in which every woman has the knowledge, resources and power to shape her own life.
First and foremost a partnership, RHWRC prioritizes listening to the field — and each other. By collaborating and pooling funds, it will be able to place strategic bets and move faster to support partner organizations. RHWRC is focused on testing and trying new approaches, responding to shifting needs, and looking farther ahead.
The Reproductive Health and Women’s Rights Collaborative seeks an experienced and committed Operations and Strategy Manager to accomplish its strategic goals by developing and managing the team’s operations and implementing the strategic plan. The Operations and Strategy Manager will play a key role in a pivotal fund and have the opportunity to partner with deeply committed funders, the field, and other experts to achieve RHWRC’s vision. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Operations and Strategy Manager will be expected to develop, facilitate and implement policies and practices to manage the RHWRC team, finances, communications, operations and other components related to successful implementation of the strategic plan. RHWRC is a virtual workplace and operates as a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA). This position will work remotely.
The Operations and Strategy Manager will be an engaged and passionate individual who will emphasize teamwork and cooperation to solve the most pressing issues facing women today. Working in close conjunction with staff and consultants, the manager will not just help RHWRC hold the line, but will help make real progress on reproductive and gender equity. Unafraid of daunting challenges, the individual will mirror RHWRC as a stubborn optimist that believes concerted philanthropic action, in partnership with field leaders and organizations, can reshape the country now and for decades to come.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 10 years of related professional experience with strong management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience managing a Foundation program area or working as a COO or Chief-of-Staff is a plus.
- Experience in philanthropy, grantmaking and board management a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, and commitment to accuracy and excellence.
- Experience developing new and integrated processes for multiple aspects of organizational work, including program and operations.
- Expertise at meeting management – strong planning, execution and facilitation skills for several interconnected meetings, including the integration of strategy, decisions, agendas and materials.
- Expertise in the full cycle of budget management.
- Experience managing a team, consultants, vendors, and other service providers.
- Expertise in communication plans; experience working with branding, website, and materials development is a plus.
- Experience integrating diversity, equity and inclusion into a project’s culture.