Development Resources inc. (DRi), a growing executive search firm, has a unique opportunity for an exceptional administrative professional who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
DRi serves the non-profit community. Since 2001, DRi has worked with some of the leading nonprofit organizations in the country to grow, thrive, and excel. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. DRi’s executive search practice helps non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place. Our Clients include a wide range of non-profit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Operation Smile, Share our Strength, and the World Wildlife Fund.
DRi is looking for an administrative professional to join our team to manage our bookkeeping and administrative services. This position reports to DRi’s CEO and COO and works closely with the COO on bookkeeping and administrative issues. The Operations Manager is responsible for DRi’s bill paying, contracts, business reports, vendor and client records in QuickBooks, database and IT management, administration, and training of administrative staff.
Specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Manage the internal database and train staff as needed. Serve as the liaison with our database vendor.
- Train administrative staff
- Bookkeeping via QuickBooks, including all aspects of client billing, contracts, and expenses.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and manage renewals.
- Serve as the liaison with our IT vendor to solve all technology problems.
- Business development tracking and management.
- Provide HR management support
- New-hire orientation.
- Update and share critical information with other members of DRi’s team.
- Manage office needs including, technology, supplies, and all support services.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
It is preferred that the person in this role must have bookkeeping experience in QuickBooks and be technology savvy. The successful candidate will be comfortable communicating with vendors and negotiating contracts on behalf of DRi. This role oversees operations at the staff level and requires the ability to fix common technology problems and come up with solutions as needed. The Office Manager must also be able to communicate in writing and verbally with high-level clients, train administrative staff, and understand and thoroughly incorporate feedback from others.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred.
- At least one year of experience as an administrative professional.
- Bookkeeping experience and proficiency in QuickBooks Pro Client Management is preferred.
- Experience in database utilization preferably with a CRM system
- Ability to fix common technology problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently (including project management, organizing time effectively, following through on commitments, etc.).
- Full competency in Microsoft Office Suite and preferably basic functions in Adobe Pro.
Corporate Culture and Benefits
This role is currently a work-at-home remote opportunity with occasional visits to our office. We offer a team-based environment in which staff members have close working relationships with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to head out together to Star Wars premiers, and a colleague-hosted trivia night. Our benefits are competitive and designed to support our employees.
How To Apply
Submit resumes and two writing samples via email to [email protected]. Subject line should read “DRi Operations Manager.”