Our ocean unifies our world like nothing else. And saving it from ongoing threats is a cause that affects us all. Ocean Conservancy is working with the community to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges. Together with their partners, they create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Reporting to the Director of Planned Giving, the Associate Director, Planned Giving is a key position within the Development Department and plays an important role in overseeing the day-to-day and overall operations of the Planned Giving team. In conjunction with the Director, the candidate will help create and execute the strategic planned giving vision to further Ocean Conservancy’s priorities by helping donors achieve their charitable and financial goals. This position will play a crucial role in the management, administration, and strategic direction of the Planned Giving team as it pursues ambitious donor-centric fundraising outcomes. Qualifications include:
- 5 years’ experience in a nonprofit, political or related organization with a successful planned giving or fundraising record.
- A detailed knowledge of development and planned giving including the basics of administering bequests and managing a charitable gift annuity program.
- Ability to understand and explain details of complex gifts accurately and clearly.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with coworkers, program leaders, donors, and prospects; must have especially strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- Confident, yet sensitive demeanor with the ability to connect with all constituencies and help them connect with Ocean Conservancy’s mission.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge donor management system preferred.
- Strong planning skills and ability to prioritize tasks to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Strong moral and ethical character and a commitment to conservation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Ocean Conservancy.