Nebraska Public Media is the statewide hub of non-commercial public radio and television, telling the state’s stories through the voices of the people who live here. With originally produced local content, plus programming from PBS and NPR, Nebraska Public Media is the source for meaningful content covering news, sports, education, and culture. Nebraska Public Media’s Assets include a nine-station PBS-affiliated television network; a nine-station NPR-affiliated radio network; a cutting-edge Digital Media Group; state-of-the-art audio, video, and multimedia production capabilities; and broadband delivery channels.
Nebraska Public Media is seeking a Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) to provide leadership, management, and administration for fundraising, communications, business development, contract production, community engagement, and education. The CSO will design, implement, and oversee a robust fundraising program, including direct mail, on-air campaigns, in-person solicitation, fundraising events, endowment fundraising, grant proposal submissions, and donor communications. Among their priorities is improving educational outcomes through programming that increases the use of internal and PBS resources.
The CSO is a highly visible position that supervises up to 9 direct reports and oversees a team of 35. The CSO serves as a member of the executive management team, advising on organizational policies, operations, and goals; prepares and monitors Nebraska Public Media Foundation’s annual revenue and expense budgets; and provides administrative support for the Nebraska Public Media Foundation Board and committees. This position serves as an employee of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and receives commensurate benefits, including tuition remission for employees and their spouses and dependent children.
Competitive candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, fundraising, and business development within large, complex public or private institutions.
- Success meeting annual revenue goals of $15 million or more from federal, state, and private sources.
- A broad understanding of compliance with University and State rules and regulations, CPB/PBS underwriting guidelines, IRS non-profit tax rules and regulations, etc., while providing maximum flexibility to staff to accomplish Nebraska Public Media’s mission.
- Experience preparing and overseeing multi-million dollar budgets, supervising productions and projects, and overseeing education and community engagement programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant leadership experience are required. A master’s degree and CFRE certification are preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, the public broadcasting system, and its national and regional organizations is desirable.
Qualified candidates may submit applications at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/Nebraska-Public-Media-CSO.
To receive full consideration, apply by January 18.