Jobs that require skills training are the backbone of our economy. The National Skills Coalition (NSC) fights for a national commitment to inclusive, high-quality skills training so more people have access to a better life, and more local businesses see sustained growth.
Since 2000, through expert analysis and technical assistance, broad-based organizing, targeted advocacy, and cutting-edge communications, NSC has changed hundreds of state and federal skills policies that have changed thousands of lives and grown local businesses and economies.
The Managing Director of Policy & Research oversees policy analysis, new policy development, and technical assistance on policy implementation in support of NSC’s overall advocacy agenda. The Managing Director is also responsible for coordinating research by staff and consultants to support the advocacy agenda and assess policy impacts. This person will work with members of the Managing Director Team and executive staff to ensure the overall success of NSC’s cross-functional programmatic work and achievement of program goals consistent with strategic plan. Responsibilities include planning, raising and managing grant resources, managing and developing staff, and fostering an organizational culture of learning, co-creation, and inclusion. Specific qualifications include:
- Experience: At least 10 years of relevant policy and management experience, particularly in the areas of skills training and/or education.
- Analytical Skills: Tackles a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Project Management: Brings together every component of a project, including resources or planning, that are needed to complete it in a timely manner.
- Strategic Thinking: Creates and communicates a long-term vision, balances short- and long-term goals, keeps own and team’s work aligned with overall goals, and creates and adjusts strategic plans.
- External Awareness: Analyzes the organization’s position within the context of external policy trends, industry trends, funding trends, and competing organizations.
- Communication Skills: Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively engage and communicate with target audiences.
- Initiative: Takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, and practices self-development.
- Attention to Detail: Committed to accuracy and excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, and finds/owns/acts on quality problems.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for National Skills Coalition. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].