For 19 years, the Partnership for Public Service has brought people together for constructive conversations and actions to improve the way our federal government works. Through thought leadership and a wide array of programs and services, the Partnership works to create a high-performing government by addressing linchpin issues such as government reform and innovation, federal leadership, and the presidential transition process. Since its founding, the Partnership’s nonpartisan stance has allowed it to collaborate with different stakeholders who share its vision for a better-functioning government.
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking an experienced and ambitious fundraiser to engage high-net-worth individuals to invest in its mission. The Senior Manager, Major Gifts will work closely with the Partnership’s program leaders, executive leaders, and Board members to lead a comprehensive major giving program, expanding the number of individual donors, growing a portfolio of donors capable of making six-figure gifts, and working with program staff to identify fundable opportunities. The development team will capitalize on a forthcoming brand study to develop a compelling case for support of the Partnership’s mission, impact, and programs.
The successful candidate will bring a ‘start-up mentality’ to the Partnership, ready to seize opportunities with creativity and confidence and to work with a wide variety of stakeholders in a strictly nonpartisan setting. The winning candidate will be a compelling ambassador for the Partnership with a strong affinity for its mission and priorities.
Specific qualifications the Partnership is seeking include:
- At least eight years of progressively responsible nonprofit experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new donors, broaden a donor base, and increase annual revenue.
- Record of successfully identifying and securing five- and six-figure gifts from individual donors.
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior leaders and volunteers in fundraising work and capitalize on their connections.
- Oral and written communication skillful enough to discuss complex issues and proposed solutions in a nonpartisan way with diverse audiences.
- Ability to perform independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative and transparent team environment.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Partnership for Public Service. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]