Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington seeks a Major Gift Officer to join the fundraising team and build out a major giving portfolio to increase revenue for the organization.
Planned Parenthood is dedicated to providing high-quality reproductive and related healthcare, delivering educational programs that promote healthy sexuality, and protecting the right of individuals to make personal health decisions. Located in the nation’s capital, PPMW is an anchor for care throughout the region and a model across the country. For more than 80 years, PPMW has responded to the changing needs of the communities it serves and the ever-shifting political winds in the region.
The ideal Major Gift Officer will be passionate about Planned Parenthood’s work and will serve as a compelling ambassador to a philanthropic base that is equally dedicated to sustaining their programs. The MGO will be eager to grow a major gifts portfolio and will be comfortable taking the lead and working independently to achieve their goals. The MGO is expected to conduct frequent meetings with donors, ensuring that they are kept informed on how their gifts are making a difference.
The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least three years of successful individual major giving experience.
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor pipeline management and successful track record of moving donors into higher giving brackets.
- Experience developing tailored cultivation and stewardship plans that exhibit an exceptional understanding of others’ priorities, motivations, and interests.
- Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Capacity to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people; adept at building relationships with donors, leadership, and Board members.
- Record of successfully engaging leadership and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 as well as industry-standard research and analytics processes.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is a plus.
Development Resources, inc. (DRi) is leading this search for Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are invited to learn more and apply by visiting www.driconsulting.com/positions/ or via email at [email protected].