Major Gifts Officer to lead growing engagement strategies on the West Coast (Remote – San Francisco, CA)
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is the largest and oldest colorectal cancer non-profit organization in the US. The Colorectal Cancer Alliance offers a variety of patient support services including grant programs, a helpline, chat forum, and a Buddy Program, which provides both survivors and caregivers with a chance to connect with someone who has gone through a similar experience. The organization serves as a source of information about colorectal health.
The ideal Major Gift Officer will be passionate about the mission of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and will work to sustain and grow philanthropic support that will ensure their programs’ success. The MGO will be eager to grow a major giving portfolio and will be comfortable taking the lead to achieve fundraising goals. The MGO is expected to conduct frequent meetings with donors, ensuring that they are kept informed on how their gifts are making a difference. The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least five to seven years of progressive experience in major gifts prospecting, solicitation and stewardship.
- Proven record of accomplishment in the major gifts environment, not only in identifying and qualifying major donors, but in soliciting and closing gifts of $10,000 or more, preferably with experience closing multiple six-figure gifts.
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor pipeline management and successful track record of moving donors into higher giving brackets.
- Experience developing tailored cultivation and stewardship plans that exhibit an exceptional understanding of others’ priorities, motivations, and interests.
- Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]