Energetic Major Gift Officer for prominent public radio station (Washington, DC)
WAMU 88.5 is the leading public radio station for news and information in the Washington, DC area, striving to be the most respected and trusted voice in the world of traditional and emerging media.
Since 1961, when WAMU made its first broadcast from American University, it has delivered programming to an audience that now totals almost 1 million listeners on-air, online, and on-demand.
WAMU’s regular and special programming reflects the unique environment of the DC metro region and is seen as a significant asset to the nation’s capital.
Today WAMU seeks a Major Gift Officer to leverage significant growth in membership, listenership, and revenue over the last 5 years.
The ideal Major Gift Officer will be passionate about the content that WAMU 88.5 works to produce and will serve as an ambassador to a membership base that is dedicated to the news and local content that WAMU is known for. The MGO will be someone that is eager to grow a major giving portfolio from scratch, who is comfortable taking the lead and working independently to achieve their goals. The MGO is expected to conduct frequent meetings with donors, ensuring that they are kept informed on how their gifts are making a difference. The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least three years of successful individual major giving experience.
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor pipeline management and successful track record of moving donors into higher giving brackets.
- Experience developing tailored cultivation and stewardship plans that exhibit an exceptional understanding of others’ priorities, motivations, and interests.
- Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Capacity to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people; adept at building relationships with donors, leadership, and Board members.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, flexible, collegial, goal-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.