Major Gift Officer to support the growth of the fundraising program for the League of Women Voters
As the League of Women Voters embarks on the centennial celebration of the 19th Amendment and its own 100th birthday, it seeks a Major Gift Officer to join the fundraising team and build out a major giving portfolio to increase revenue for the organization.
The League is redefining its mission for the 21st century with initiatives like People Powered Fair Maps, a national effort to take on partisan gerrymandering, and She is me, a cross-generational effort to engage a diverse range of women in voting rights movements.
As it pursues these expansions, the League’s development program will cultivate pipelines in various verticals to expand annual revenue to $15M by 2025.
The MGO will work with and support the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in creating, managing, and stewarding a portfolio of assigned and qualified donors. The MGO will report to the CDO and work with these donors to achieve higher levels of engagement to ensure that The League will continue to grow into the future, providing support for the programs and advocacy issues implemented by the organization.
The ideal MGO will be passionate about advocacy efforts that The League has provided in the last century and work to sustain and grow philanthropic support that will endure their programs. The MGO will be eager to grow a major giving portfolio and will be comfortable taking the lead to achieve fundraising goals. The MGO is expected to conduct frequent meetings with donors, ensuring that they are kept informed on how their gifts are making a difference.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least three years of successful individual major giving experience in non-profit development, including fundraising for an advocacy organization.
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor pipeline management and successful track record of moving donors into higher giving brackets.
- Experience developing tailored cultivation and stewardship plans that exhibit an exceptional understanding of others’ priorities, motivations, and interests.
- Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Record of successfully engaging leadership and Board members in the fundraising process.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the League of Women Voters. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]