For 80 years, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered safety and hope to more than 500,000 refugees from around the globe. Since 1939, LIRS has transformed lives, with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States – from sea to shining sea. LIRS’ history reflects their American Lutherans’ deep immigrant roots and passionate commitment to welcoming newcomers, especially those who are most in need. LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
LIRS seeks a Director of Strategy (DOS) to be responsible for driving and supporting, in collaboration with all LIRS leaders, the implementation, communications, execution, and sustainability of strategic initiatives within the organization and its network partners. As a facilitator and orchestrator, the DOS provides the intellectual leadership and support that LIRS as an organization needs to navigate and transform strategic vision into reality.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff and working closely with the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the DOS is a necessary counterbalance to the operational and tactical drives of the organization and supports the (CEO) to uphold long-range vision and strategy in their decision-making. A key contribution of the DOS will be to “connect the dots” and, in doing so, inform and improve critical processes including executive decision-making, ongoing strategic planning and new business development. Qualifications include:
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing new business strategies preferably in a non-profit.
- Previous experience implementing a strategic plan.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with after hours and weekend work needed
- Exceptional communication skills, able to listen actively; speak and write persuasively
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills; able to discern, plan, and evaluate courses of action.
- Proven track record successfully managing teams at a leadership level and driving organizational improvements.
- Results‐oriented with an emphasis on measuring outcomes and ability to drive strategy through growth.
- Deep commitment to LIRS’ core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience; graduate degree in Business Administration strongly preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Lutheran Immigration Refugee Services.