For 80 years, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has offered safety and hope to more than 500,000 refugees from around the globe. Since 1939, LIRS has transformed lives, with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the most vulnerable to the United States – from sea to shining sea. LIRS’ history reflects their American Lutherans’ deep immigrant roots and passionate commitment to welcoming newcomers, especially those who are most in need. LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
LIRS seeks a Chief Communications Officer (CCO) to play a critical leadership role on their executive team. The candidate will be expected to provide strategic direction and a strong guiding voice on matters related to the reputation and brand management of the organization. The CCO will be instrumental in helping to reconcile and prioritize communications and marketing strategies and activities to create and confirm a unified message for the organization. Qualifications include:
- 10-15 years of progressive work experience in marketing, communications, media, and public relations or related field with at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff responsible for social media, communications, and/or marketing. Strong management skills are essential.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience; graduate degree in Communications or Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization highly preferred.
- Knowledge of immigration and refugee world a plus.
- Excellent skills in writing and editing for a variety of audiences via numerous platforms, including writing for online and mobile. Knowledge of Chicago and/or AP Style preferred.
- Deep commitment to LIRS’ core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Lutheran Immigration Refugee Services.