Drawing on decades of experience working with global civil society organizations across public health issues and political systems, the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI), a program of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids provides strategic support to advocates working to enact and implement laws that save lives.
Their experience designing successful campaigns and passing policies to save lives gave them an innovative and proven model for advocacy – one that is locally led and. The expert multidisciplinary team has a broad range of experience planning, executing, and evaluating high-impact policy advocacy campaigns. They provide capacity building and technical assistance across all components of effective policy advocacy.
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator seeks a Legal Director to provide leadership for the organization’s legal team. As head of the GHAI legal team, the Legal Director will have overall responsibility for the Legal Team’s efforts, providing strategic direction and supervision. The Legal Director will work with legal staff, consultants, and partners/grantees to develop and implement legal strategies as an integrated part of overall advocacy strategies for policy change.
The ideal Legal Director will have (Position Overview, Page 4 selections):
- A minimum of twelve years of relevant legal, legislative, and litigation experience working on public health or broader development issues on a global basis; minimum of three to five years of significant litigation experience required; experience with corporate accountability issues highly desirable.
- Proven track record and a minimum of five years of experience managing multi-faceted and complex projects related to policy change in global health
- Ability to lead teams, mentor staff, solve problems, balance competing priorities, and provide strategic direction.
- Experience in legal analysis of public health issues, particularly in the area of nutrition and non-communicable diseases, a plus.
- Experience in related areas such as consumer protection, corporate accountability, human rights, and transparency in government also a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and in working with peoples from diverse cultures and countries; strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%.
- Juris Doctor Degree (or equivalent) or LL.M required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Global Health Advocacy Incubator. This position is open to individuals who are authorized to work permanently in the United States. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].