Head to lead Jewish day school with dynamic educational programs. (Greenwich, CT)
Carmel Academy is a TK-8 day school that welcomes families from throughout Connecticut, Westchester County, and New York City to its charming 17-acre campus, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. As a religiously diverse community by design, Carmel Academy welcomes students from all branches of Judaism and produces graduates who can think critically about themselves and the world, are committed to a personal Jewish life, and embrace the diverse traditions in the Jewish community.
With recognized excellence and strong high-school placement outcomes, Carmel’s core educational philosophy is a whole-child approach rooted in experiential learning and differentiated instruction. Carmel Academy teachers set high expectations and use their creativity to tailor instruction to each student’s specific needs, strengths, and learning style. The school offers two programs of study: the Core Program and the PALS (Providing Alternative Learning Strategies) Program, a unique and integrated special education model for children with learning differences. Carmel’s experience-based and custom-developed curriculum weaves together general and Judaic studies throughout the day, enabling students to connect classroom learning to the world around them.
Carmel Academy is seeking an inspiring leader with the intelligence, curiosity, and spiritual depth to raise this distinctive school to new heights, working with dedicated teachers and administrators, passionate parents, and a strong Board. Competitive candidates will possess:
- Proven track record as an organizational leader and/or educational administrator.
- Vision to advance the academic program – maintaining the rigor of both secular and Judaic instruction – and to continually improve student learning outcomes.
- Ability to sustain a strong sense of community in an environment that is religiously diverse by design.
- Capacity to deliver on the promise of individualized instruction for students.
- Capacity to attract, retain, and manage great teachers and administrators, and to model the importance of professional growth and development.
- Business savvy to increase enrollment by making a compelling case for selecting Carmel.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to be persuasive, patient, or steadfast as situations demand.
- Analytical, insightful, and creative skill sets, and ability to articulate and promote Carmel’s competitive advantages among varied constituencies.
- Charisma, warmth, and sincerity, with the ability to quickly build trust and make connections.
- Capacity and desire to engage in fundraising.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Carmel Academy, which encourages nominations for this position and expressions of interests from candidates who are inspired by Carmel’s mission. Learn more and apply at www.driconsulting.com/positions/ or via email at [email protected].