Generation180 (Gen180) is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA that inspires and equips individuals to act on clean energy. Gen180’s founding was prompted by a growing realization that we are nearing a tipping point in America’s transition to clean energy. The convergence of macro trends across the power, commercial, finance, and political sectors, as well as the arrival of rooftop solar power and electric vehicles to the mass market, have made it possible for our generation to fundamentally change direction. We can now dramatically accelerate the arrival of a 100% clean energy future. By building and mobilizing that constituency, Gen180 is driving a political and cultural shift toward a clean energy economy.
Generation180 envisions a 180-degree shift in our energy sources—from fossil fuels to clean energy—driven by a 180-degree shift in people’s perception of their role in making it happen—from apathy to agency, from despondency to determination, from hopeless to hopeful.
The Director of Philanthropy is a newly created position responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy for Generation180. This candidate will be joining the organization at a critical moment in the organization’s evolution. A seasoned fundraising professional, the Director of Philanthropy reports to the Executive Director, serves as a member of the Leadership team and helps set organizational strategy. They will attract and deepen engagement with donors to build support that is aligned with the organization’s strategic goals. Generation180 is determined to make change now, and the Director will strengthen this effort by strategically pursuing high-dollar donations from all constituents, with a focus on high-net-worth individuals. In the near term, the Director will lead efforts to expand and diversify Generation180’s donor base while mapping out long-term fundraising strategy. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit revenue generation.
- Proven track record of creating and executing fundraising strategies, with success in soliciting and closing 6 and 7-figure gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Proven ability to develop strategies that expand a donor base and increase revenue, with a particular focus on high-net-worth individual donors.
- Commitment to Generation180’s vision, mission, goals, and culture; a strong desire to exponentially increase the impact of Generation180’s work nationally, and a drive to join an organization advocating for successful outcomes in clean energy.
- A good sense of humor, patience, and open-mindedness in working with others.
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusivity, equity, and justice.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Generation180.