The Fiscal Policy Institute (FPI) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy oriented research and education organization committed to improving public policies and private practices to improve the economic and social conditions of all New Yorkers. Founded in 1991, FPI works to create a strong economy in which prosperity is shared broadly.
FPI is a highly regarded organization, notable for its work on tax and budget issues, immigration policy, and social safety net issues. FPI’s high-caliber policy work on both state and national matters is more important than ever. FPI’s research and policy analysis has helped New York State legislators craft and pass legislation. In addition, FPI’s work on immigration and safety net issues has informed recent policy victories in New York and other states.
The Fiscal Policy Institute seeks an experienced Executive Director to lead and manage the organization while advancing FPI’s public policy goals. This person will be responsible for strategically growing FPI with an eye toward achieving success not only for the organization, but for its partner organizations and the people of New York State. Working with, and reporting to, the Board of Directors, the ED will establish meaningful short- and long-term objectives that link directly to the organization’s strategic plan. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership position, including oversight of an organization’s talent, operations, and
- Current knowledge of the opportunities and challenges associated with New York State’s budget process, its regional differences, its progressive ecosystem, and its wealth and power disparities.
- Track record of providing leadership and direction in achieving an organization’s strategic mission and annual goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion and experience applying a racial and ethnic equity lens into previous policy work, communications strategy, engagement efforts, and internal organizational practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in fiscal policy and a deep knowledge of the root causes of poverty and racial inequity.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Evidence of initiative, analysis, problem-solving, creativity, and follow-through.
- Passion for FPI’s mission as evidenced through similar professional or volunteer experience.
DRi is leading the search for Fiscal Policy Institute. To apply, please visit https://driconsulting.com/position/fiscal-policy-institute-executive-director/.