Consumer Reports works to create a fair and just marketplace for all. As a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit member organization, CR empowers and informs consumers, incentivizes corporations to act responsibly, and helps policymakers prioritize the rights and interests of consumers in order to shape a truly consumer-driven marketplace.
Consumer Reports seeks an Executive Speechwriter and Strategic Advisor to the CEO to play a critical role in achieving the strategic goal of reaching new audiences and growing awareness of the importance of consumer rights. The leadership voice of our CEO and of our experts will be critical to amplifying the voices of consumers as well as highlighting the continued import of CR’s mission. The Executive Speechwriter and Strategic Advisor, working closely with the Director of Enterprise and Executive Communications, will be a key strategist, creative thinker and writer for the President and CEO and the executive leadership team.
Key qualifications include:
- Superb, tested writing skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge, understanding and field experience related to agenda setting, legislative, economic and development processes.
- Ability to creatively synthesize and research information from a wide range of sources to develop thoughtful and original ideas. Ability to find fresh ways of addressing existing ideas.
- Significant experience providing strategic, advisory leadership and support to set priorities and to advance an agenda.
- Strong capability to develop, nurture and maintain effective relationships at senior leadership levels within the organization and with other organizations.
- Ability to listen and learn from diverse constituencies.
- An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Consumer Reports. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].