The Timothy School is the oldest Approved Private School in Pennsylvania devoted exclusively to teaching students with autism. Its instructional program, widely considered one of the best in the region, provides students with the communication, social, cognitive, and life skills necessary to enable them to function effectively and as independently as possible in the least restrictive environment.
The School is a supportive, family-oriented community of 75 staff serving about 70 students and their families. Teachers work closely with a complement of highly skilled clinical and support staff as well as parents to ensure that each child’s specific needs are known and addressed thoughtfully. The organization has enjoyed a stellar reputation, financial stability, and consistent strategic priorities for many years.
The Timothy School Board of Directors is seeking an inspiring leader with demonstrated success in education administration and external relations. Reporting to the Board, and working collaboratively with a dedicated staff, the Executive Director will increase awareness of the School’s exceptional work with children diagnosed with autism, grow and improve its facilities to serve those children, and continue to update and refine a proven instructional program.
The experience and qualities of the ideal Executive Director include:
- Master’s degree; Supervisor of Special Education certificate or working knowledge of mental health issues a plus.
- 10+ years progressively responsible supervisory/administrative experience, preferably in special education environments.
- Excellent organizational management, with ability to define roles, set clear expectations, coach staff, and hold them accountable.
- Knowledge of business aspects of running a school, including budget management, marketing, public relations, and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Unwavering commitment to high-quality, data-driven programs; appreciation for The Timothy School’s unique expertise and traditions.
- Experience with fundraising, as a classroom teacher, and working with a Board of Directors desirable.
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholder groups, including staff, parents, community members, and education and government leaders.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.driconsulting.com/positions/. To apply, please click the Apply button below and upload your CV/resume and cover letter.