Executive Director to provide comprehensive leadership for an organization benefitting servicemembers and their families. (Washington, D.C.)
Our Military Kids honors the sacrifices military children make while a parent is deployed overseas in service to their country, as well as children of recovering Wounded Warriors. There are currently 690,000 children nationwide whose lives may be impacted by parents deployed in the Selected Reserve. Since 2004, Our Military Kids has provided more than 65,000 grants totaling over $26 million to children who are between the ages of 5 and 18 years old.
Our Military Kids seeks an Executive Director that will be an experienced, entrepreneurial, articulate, and highly motivated professional who can foster relationships with key funding organizations and philanthropic individuals. Over the next five years, the Executive Director is expected to have a significant impact on increasing the scale of grant activity, financial planning, integrity of the organization, and brand development.
The ideal Executive Director will have:
- At least five years of leadership and non-profit experience, with a demonstrable track record of successful fundraising and budgeting.
- Track record of increasing revenue at a national level through fundraising and donor relationship-building.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
- Excellent communication skills; strong ability to write and edit in traditional and digital media, including proposals, reports, public relations, and press releases. Ability to supervise others in these capacities.
- An understanding of military values and the issues facing military families is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in business, marketing, public affairs, or a related discipline.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Our Military Kids. All DRi searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].