Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development consulting firm for non-profits, is growing and seeks additional team members to help us continue to deliver exceptional client services. We have a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized Executive Assistant with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits across the country and around the world to grow, thrive, and excel. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as AARP, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, and the Union of Concerned Scientists.
DRi has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position will support and work directly with Jennifer Dunlap, our founder and CEO. The Assistant to the CEO plays a critical role in managing the logistics of DRi’s engagements, serves as an external face of our firm, and coordinates with non-profit clients and with potential executive search candidates.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to work in a project-oriented role with room for growth. The CEO’s Executive Assistant participates actively in all aspects of DRi’s services and works with high-level leaders in the non-profit sector. The Executive Assistant also takes on special projects at DRi based on their skills and interests, and there is room to take on expanded responsibilities within the company in the future.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Coordinate all logistics for the CEO’s projects.
- Plan, revise, and maintain the daily calendar for the CEO: includes accurately assessing scheduling priorities; scheduling and confirming all on- and off-site appointments; making relevant travel and parking arrangements; and producing and editing preparatory materials for client meetings, and preparing documents for all other meetings.
- Monitor, organize, and ensure timely responses to the CEO’s incoming email.
- Provide top-level customer service to all clients and prospective clients.
- Manage the flow of documents between clients and the DRi team, directing high-priority information to individuals as needed and handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Keep records in DRi’s internal database up to date by uploading candidate information, meeting notes, and feedback on a daily basis. Adaptable to new technology requirements and ability to think strategically about digital organization in remote office setting.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
The Executive Assistant will excel at prioritizing, multitasking, and attention to detail. The person in this role must be exceptionally organized and methodical in completing projects and solving problems, but also flexible and able to pivot as needed; must communicate tactfully and articulately; and must be able both to take direction and anticipate needs. Beyond these core professional skills, the Assistant must also be able to thrive in a fast-paced culture: DRi is a fast-paced working environment, so the Assistant needs to be able to balance multiple projects at a time, be extremely self-motivated, and willing to contribute proactively to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an executive support or customer-facing role.
- Experience in scheduling and email management.
- Experience working with high-level professionals.
- Experience working in a remote setting
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceedingly high professionalism; a client relations background is ideal.
- Considerable research, analytical, and critical thinking skills: can infer and anticipate needs based on established priorities.
- Resourceful and thorough: can independently collect critical information and tools and ensure all necessary preparations for projects have been completed.
- Detail-oriented and organized: can structure information as well as timelines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently (including organizing time effectively, following through on commitments, communicating about progress, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tech-savvy, including websites, video calls and webinars preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment is highly preferred.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to head out together to Star Wars premiers, lunches in Georgetown, and a colleague-hosted trivia night.
We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage.
DRi employees receive medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance with fully subsidized premiums; 13 days of paid leave and 10 federal holidays, and the week off between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1st.