Development Resources, inc. (DRi) provides executive search and development consulting services to non-profit organizations. Founded in 2001, DRi believes that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do demands proper resources to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to help non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders.
Executive Search Associates are directly involved in networking, sourcing, and assessing candidates for a wide variety of roles and organizations.
- Fully understand client needs for search project and assist the Lead Consultant in the development of effective search strategies.
- Participate in Client meetings as required and professionally present DRi’s work on behalf of the Client.
- Conduct or collaborate with Researchers on initial research using DRi’s candidate database, LinkedIn Recruiter, and online research to identify targeted organizations and individuals.
- Reach out to potential candidates and sources via email, phone, LinkedIn messaging, or text.
- Qualify potential candidates through initial interviews, discussing the Client and the opportunity and exploring candidates’ background, competencies, and interest in the role.
- Document candidate information and interaction in the candidate database to ensure accurate, up to date information is maintained.
- Use good judgement to recommend the most qualified candidates to the Consultant for interviews.
- Coordinate with the Candidate Stewardship Associate to ensure seamless progression of candidates through the search process.
- Draft or provide input on relevant documentation, including confidential candidate reports and Client update reports, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with potential candidates or sources, utilizing those networks to assist with candidate recruitment.
- Stay apprised of executive search best practices and share your knowledge with search team members.
- Assist with business development efforts as appropriate.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including strong oral and written communications.
- Tactful and articulate; a passion for listening and learning.
- Analytical and methodical in approach to problems.
- Results driven; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in research, recruiting, and/or human resources preferred.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management database is preferred.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector preferred.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi is currently operating in a fully remote mode; before Covid 19, we operated out of our Arlington, VA, headquarters. DRi is a team-based environment where our 20 staff members have close working relationships with each other, the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO, and the other lead search consultants. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown. DRi employees receive a 401K plan with a company match and fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; our plan allows us to choose doctors throughout the U.S.