For more than a century, Appalachian communities have powered the growth of America’s industrial might. Today, Appalachia is on the frontlines of an American energy transition. Together with local citizens, Appalachian Voices fights to protect the land, air, and water of the region and to build a generative and equitable clean energy economy that fosters local prosperity and achieves meaningful and lasting change across the country. Appalachian Voices is fueled by an abiding love for our common resources. It respects the depth and complexity of the region’s history and honors cultural traditions that uphold the integrity of the land and people.
The Director of Strategic Advancement for Appalachian Voices will be responsible for ensuring fundraising revenue from institutional donors to meet the programmatic needs of the organization. The Director will play an important role in creating a strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit partnerships with philanthropic partners; work closely with Appalachian Voices’ senior leaders to connect funding opportunities to organizational programs; and develop strategic stewardship efforts to keep all funders engaged in the Appalachian Voices’ mission. Key qualifications include:
- Previous fundraising strategy and/or program experience with a proven track record of institutional donor cultivation and acquisition.
- Proven ability to fundraise for programmatic work, with a record of receiving 5- and 6-figure foundation gifts.
- Experience developing strategies to diversify a donor base and increase annual revenue. Ability to secure gifts from strategically aligned foundations.
- Record of successfully engaging leadership and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Dedication to the organization’s mission and willingness to develop/expand expertise in the environmental space.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Appalachian Voices. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]