The Little Market believes that conscious, ethical purchases can change the world. Rather than solely accepting monetary donations like many other non-profits, The Little Market model relies on product purchases. Instead of donating dollars, they source handmade products from artisan and producer groups around the world to support dignified income opportunities and women’s economic autonomy. This helps them invest the money into their families and their communities at-large.
The Little Market seeks a Director of Sales to oversee the growing sales operations for the organization. They will work closely with leadership to set goals for each sales program, including corporate gifting, design trade, and wholesale. They will design plans to meet goals and lead the sales team in delivering exceptional service to clients. The Director of Sales is also responsible for cultivating new business opportunities and developing relationships with clients and major accounts. Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in sales management.
- Passion, knowledge, and interest for fair trade and women’s rights.
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creative and innovative thinker who is self-motivating.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with impeccable attention to detail.
- Helpful and positive attitude toward customers and employees.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for The Little Market. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].