End playspace inequity. For good.
Places to play are essential for every kid to grow up healthy, unlocking countless benefits for kids. KABOOM! has been building playgrounds in partnership with communities across America, particularly those that have experienced chronic disinvestment and systemic racism. Over the last 25 years, KABOOM! has built or improved 17,000+ playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million community members, and brought joy to over 11.5 million kids nationwide.
For KABOOM!, ending playspace inequity is a challenge that requires an innovative and multi-faceted approach that includes the following elements:
- Racial Equity
- Community-Led Solutions
- Systems-Level Impact
- Outcomes-Driven Playspaces
KABOOM! is looking for a Director of Partnership Development responsible for developing meaningful partnerships to further advance KABOOM!’s mission. The Director will play a vital role in expanding the funding base of KABOOM! by developing and delivering compelling cases for support and shepherding prospective funding partners through every phase of the cultivation cycle. Equity and community responsiveness are at the center of KABOOM!’s work and the ideal candidate will have the ability to lead and co-create partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- At least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Track record of working with foundation and corporate partners to secure new funding while building upon existing relationships.
- Proven experience in large-scale, new business revenue generation, managing funder relationships and growing a portfolio of multi-year gifts.
- Deep understanding of the current funding environment, with an exceptional ability to build strong cases for support that align with funder priorities.
- Experience cultivating and growing funder and/or strategic partner relationships with executive-level stakeholders.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style with self-motivation and drive to get the job done with little supervision.
- Aptitude in quickly absorbing information from various angles while always keeping an eye on the big picture and maintaining superior attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or training is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for KABOOM!. All DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].