Nation’s only museum dedicated to women’s history seeks a development professional with individual, corporate, and foundation expertise to build a leadership gifts program.
The National Women’s History Museum (NWHM) seeks an entrepreneurial Director of Leadership Gifts (DLG) to work with NWHM’s leadership to build the first museum dedicated to the history of women. For the last 25 years, NWHM has served as the largest online cultural institution dedicated to US women’s history. The DLG will join a highly motivated team committed to making the dream of a building for the National Women’s History Museum a reality.
The National Women’s History Museum seeks a Director of Leadership Gifts to manage key relationships with individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects at the highest levels. Joining a development team of four, the DLG will report to the Vice President of Development and work closely with the President to manage and build a portfolio of leadership gift donors, build a donor pipeline, and ensure donor engagement and stewardship.
The ideal Director will have:
- At least five to seven years of experience in non-profit development.
- Experience working with individual, corporate, and foundation donors to secure leadership gifts.
- Ability to work independently while being proactive in pursuing new opportunities.
- Demonstrated sense of initiative and follow-through; ability to see a task from conception, inception, and finally to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn trust and confidence.
- Comfortable managing multiple time-sensitive projects at once and ability to adapt quickly to new information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to take high level concepts and synthesize them in an easy to understand manner.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the National Women’s History Museum. Applications should be submitted at https://driconsulting.com/position/director-of-leadership-gifts or via email to [email protected].