Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. We inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We create opportunities for new voices to be heard as clean energy advocates and invest in their growth as leaders.
Momentum for clean energy and climate action is at a high point and growing — putting us on the verge of a cultural and economic shift away from fossil fuels toward cleaner, healthier, more equitable future for everyone.
The Director of Leadership and Engagement is a newly created position responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive engagement strategies for Generation180. The Director of Leadership and Engagement will be joining the organization at a critical moment in our evolution as we scale our work across the country. Key qualifications include:
- 10+ years of relevant experience; track record of effectively leading a team; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized community- or advocacy- based engagement strategies.
- Significant experience of working with volunteers in a campaigning context, either professionally, or as a volunteer yourself.
- Passion and commitment for making an impact in the climate/clean energy space and interest in electric vehicles and renewable energy.
- Relationship-oriented with strong emotional intelligence, empathy, humility, and an outstanding ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, funders, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Comfort engaging on race, gender, and equity with a strong understanding of and ability to engage on the issues and power dynamics around race, gender, equity, and clean energy policy.
- Expertise in climate/environment/clean energy is preferred but not required.
Development Resources, inc. (DRi) is leading this search for Generation180. All of DRi’s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].