Leading cancer organization seeks fundraiser to maintain and build individual philanthropic support (Washington, D.C.)
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. The Alliance helps patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connects them with those who can share experiences and knowledge and identifies resources to meet their needs. They partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. The Alliance’s efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because they believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The ideal Director of Individual Giving will be driven by building and stewarding a network of philanthropic individuals who see the value and critical nature of the mission of the Alliance. The successful candidate will combine a competitive spirit with a collaborative and team-oriented set of professional values. The Director of Individual Giving should be unafraid to utilize new approaches and techniques while also leveraging methodologies and approaches that have proven successful. The candidate will combine an outstanding and organized work ethic with a congenial, welcoming and authentic demeanor. The ideal candidate will combine the following skills:
- Previous fundraising experience and a proven track record of individual donor cultivation and acquisition.
- Demonstrated success in the management of a fundraising program that includes individual cultivation, direct response, and tentpole giving campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies that expanded a donor base and increase revenue.
- Strong record of securing individual gifts from medium to high-net-worth donors.
- Successful experience engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Ability to manage and develop members of a small staff team.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].