Director of External of Relations to lead a comprehensive fundraising and communications plan to expand an organization’s outreach. (New York, NY)
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger one issue at a time. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. For 40 years, Action Against Hunger has led the global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within this lifetime. Their teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 50 countries around the world, reaching over 21 million people.
Action Against Hunger is seeking a Director of External Relations to design and implement fundraising and communications strategies to expand the organization’s support and visibility. The Director will work closely with leadership and the Board of Directors to implement strategies that enhance the funding base and overall brand of the organization. The Director will have a vision for the big picture of Action Against Hunger, overseeing the creation, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive fundraising and communications plan designed to engage with the organization’s current and prospective stakeholders.
The ideal Director of External Relations will have:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit resource generation
- Record of orchestrating a systematic, goal-oriented, and highly strategic approach to comprehensive external relations activities that achieved both department-level and organizational goals.
- Emphasize collaboration in and across departments, fostering an environment where team members feel inspired, valued, and empowered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a distinctive brand and messaging that engages people across the spectrum to support the humanitarian work of the organization.
- History of effective outreach to a supporter base that is diverse across multiple dimensions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Action Against Hunger. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].