Director of Development to enhance high-level individual investor program in the PNW and CA region (Alexandria, VA)
Founded in 1962, The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children. For more than 55 years, we’ve been providing access to affordable education for the children of Marine and Navy Corpsman attending post-high school, under-graduate and career technical education programs.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation awards don’t just avert individual hardship; they create opportunity for those who are driven by more than personal success. Statistics show that by the time they’re ready to enter careers, children of Marine families outperform their peers by a nearly 2 to 1 margin. 90% of MCSF scholarship recipients graduate or are on track to do so—a rate that is nearly twice the national average.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is expanding efforts to grow its investor base in the Pacific Northwest and California region. The development team is working together to support the nationwide accessibility of scholarship recipients by increasing support in these regions. The existing network of investors, volunteers, supporters, and scholarship alumni put the Scholarship Foundation on a footing to scale the challenges ahead.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation seeks a Director of Development to help enhance its high-level individual investor program, maximizing support for MCSF’s mission and vision.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Development will leverage relationships in the Pacific Northwest and California to generate support, to complete a $225M fundraising campaign. The Director of Development will design and implement a high-level investor pipeline management system, engage leaders and senior staff from across MCSF, and personally cultivate prospects.
The ideal Director of Development will have:
- At least 4 years of experience in non-profit development or the equivalent face-to-face sales experience with proven revenue results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, and steward long-term investor relationships that expand an investor base, increase revenue, and advance foundation goals.
- Record of soliciting and securing 5- and 6-figure gifts; experience soliciting both annual and campaign gifts is useful.
- Experience in and exposure to the Marine Corps/military service is preferred; passion for serving Marine Corps families is essential.
- Ability to communicate and establish a positive rapport with key C-level executives, experienced philanthropists, charitable foundations, corporations, and senior-level individuals.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or customer tracking databases.
- Bachelor’s degree.