The Open Technology Fund (OTF) was created in 2012 as a pilot program within Radio Free Asia. OTF spun off from Radio Free Asia at the end of 2019, and now operates as an independent 501(c)(3). OTF is committed to advancing global Internet freedom and supports projects focused on counteracting repressive censorship and surveillance, enabling citizens worldwide to exercise their fundamental human rights online. Through the research and development of technologies that facilitate the free flow of information and enable free expression, the OTF community is working to shape the Internet as a platform that fosters unimpeded connection and radical transparency – facilitating positive social progress and reinforcing core democratic values.
The Open Technology Fund seeks a Director of Communications and Outreach to join a growing team and lead communications efforts for the organization. The ideal Director will be dynamic, experienced, and self-motivated, with a vision of what the future of OTF looks like. The Director will be OTF’s Congressional liaison and work frequently on the Hill raising awareness and building networks that OTF can utilize to advance their mission. The Director will have experience independently designing branding and marketing strategy, ideally for a start-up organization, and will be enthusiastic about jumping in and owning the process. OTF is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration.
- At least five years of experience in communications or public relations, with a track record of working effectively with Congress and the media; direct experience working on the Hill is preferred.
- Familiarity and driving interest in technology and Internet freedom issues is preferred.
- History of successfully engaging with members of Congress and Congressional aides with a track record of building and maintaining meaningful and positive partnerships.
- Experience creating and building a branding and marketing strategy from the ground up.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences.
- Familiarity with Drupal, Wagtail, MS Office, web tools, and other common communications tools and social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Open Technology Fund. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].