Planned Parenthood is dedicated to providing high-quality reproductive and related healthcare, delivering educational programs that promote healthy sexuality, and protecting the right of individuals to make personal health decisions. Last year, Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) launched as one of the largest Planned Parenthood providers, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York, with 30 counties covering 65% of the state.
PPGNY represents the bold future of sexual and reproductive health care. As a newly merged entity, PPGNY enhances the gold standard of service their patients know and trust by introducing added services, such as uniform electronic medical records; expanded education, outreach, and training programs; stronger hyper-local and statewide advocacy initiatives; and shared expertise in specialized services. PPGNY is transforming the delivery of health care to provide additional affordable, quality services to more New Yorkers in more communities.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York seeks a Director, Institutional Funding to provide leadership, direction, and coordination to build upon existing funding from government entities and seek out new funding for priority projects. Managing a $21M portfolio comprised of 55 grants from 12 different government agencies, the Director will work in conjunction with the development and finance teams to create grant proposals, reports, updates, and budgets. Reporting to the Vice President, Institutional Funding, the Director will work across the organization to maximize funding possibilities. Specific qualifications include:
- At least five years of applicable experience in raising funds from government sources for a mission-driven organization, including previous management experience.
- Familiarity with preparing applications for submission to local and state agencies in New York, as well as the federal government.
- Relevant knowledge of the principles and practices of effective budgeting, monitoring, and fiscal management.
- Ability to build trust across cultural differences related to race, class, age, gender, gender identify and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility.
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice; commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and its impact on healthcare systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Planned Parenthood of Greater New York. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].