UnidosUS is the nation’s largest Latino civil rights and advocacy organization. Since their founding in 1968, UnidosUS has contributed to a stronger America by elevating the voice of Latinos and defending and advancing the community’s concerns.
UnidosUS empowers Latinos to define and achieve their own American Dream. They believe in an America where economic, political, and social advancement is a reality for all Latinos, where all Hispanics thrive, and the community’s contributions are recognized.
UnidosUS seeks a Director of the Economic Policy Project; the ideal Director will be an inspirational leader dedicated to implementing public policies and private practices to improve the economic and social well-being of all Latinos. The Director will have experience developing, implementing, and evaluating equitable and inclusive policies and practices throughout an organization. The successful candidate will have a record of building trusting partnerships with executive leaders; of being a respected, compelling, and dependable representative to constituents and stakeholders; and of being a supportive and knowledgeable guide to a growing staff. Specific qualifications include:
- 12 to 16 years of relevant experience in policy/legislative environment.
- A minimum of five years of management experience required.
- Relevant experience conducting policy analysis and developing economic policy solutions.
- Experience with, and understanding of, economic issues facing Latino and immigrant communities.
- Previous experience in supervising and growing a team, fundraising, and managing funder relationships.
- Familiarity and commitment with the US Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills a plus.
- Master’s degree required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for UnidosUS. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].