Howard University is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. Bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base inspired by the heightened role and significance of Howard’s place among elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something greater.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement Communications, the Digital Communications Manager drives digital revenue and engagement marketing programs by executing effective digital, email, engagement, and fundraising strategies and tactics. The Manager will use market research and database analysis to formulate and assist in developing a strategic vision for customized messaging that enhances the overall divisional goals of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, engagement, participation, volunteerism, and alumni pride in Howard University.
The ideal Digital Communications Manager will have:
• 5 years of related work in digital engagement; work in director response digital fundraising highly preferred.
• Experience with building and maintain donation forms, surveys, and other user engagement features; ability to run reports and interpret audience analytics.
• Experience with sophisticated CRM and CSM platforms required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity highly preferred; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and HTML preferred.
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Creative, resourceful, and flexible team player; problem solver responsive to daily, weekly, and ongoing deadlines.
• Understanding of user behavior and ability to apply these insights to develop more user-friendly experiences.
• Excellent planning and project management skills; ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent collaboration, including the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues to conceive and successfully execute projects.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Howard University. All of DRi’s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/.